Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hearthstone Appreciation Day

Today I would like to bring recognition to a force I believe we all take for granted. What do we do when we're not a mage, and we're deep behind enemy lines? What do we do after a long day in the middle of nowhere collecting buzzard asses? What do we do when we want to curl up by the fire in Silvermoon, or seep in a pool of toxic sludge in the Undercity, or perhaps even lay on our luxirious silken sheets back in Shattrath? What do we do!?

That's right, we hearth. That warm little rock in your back pocket, the white stone with an intricate blue swirl brings us home.
I thought about it for a couple days, and it seems to me the Hearthstone is underappreciated. Was not the staple of being a Paladin Bubblehearthing, up until Cataclysm? The vast majority of my alts have not been scribes, or shaman, so their only method of getting home was with "the Chickenrock" as it is so aptly named. And what else COULD we do? After that one long, arduous quest in which we had to venture far, far away from our quest hub, did we run back for the rewarding turn in?

Hell. No.

So, to my dearest Hearthstone, I name this day, February 8th Hearthstone Appreciation Day. For all the times you've saved me, for the few times on my Deathknights in which I had to order you from an Innkeeper, I say thank you. Thank you for improving my WoW experience.


-Rem.

No comments:

Post a Comment