Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tempest Keep - Done!

That's me, holding the Phaseshift Bulwark and Warpslicer. I just did Tempest Keep with a few 81-85's, and thanks to them, got my Kael'thas kill, plus some beast tanking gear to boot.

I ought to describe right now, I am a 70 capper (At least on Rem). This means that I am not leaving Outland til my brain is bursting with it's content. However, I know that there are few out there like me, so I am not nitpicky about using 85 characters to achieve my raiding goals. No sir.

It started with Shattrath City. One of my favorite locales, I might add. I thought to myself, after a delicious dinner of chicken and quinoi, that I would try and get into a raid. The main attraction of Tempest Keep to other players is this: Ashes of Al'ar. It was, in TBC, the greatest mount achievable next to a Netherdrake. For me, Tempest Keep is a storyline area. Lore. Plus, Kael and his Void Reaver have a couple pieces of T5, which I want the PvP version of. It's orange, if you haven't seen it, and it will fit with my tabard. And I will truly be the Patriarch of the Sunwardens. But that is a tale for later.

Anyway. I began advertising in LFG at first, fearing for my sanity if I dare open Trade. It took a little bit and some arguing with a Snobbadin, but I got a warlock (Snobbadin didn't think it was appropriate for a 70 to be doing a 70 raid). Very nice warlock, 81, I believe. Some time after her, I got a mage. And then another mage. And another mage after that. Then, after finally toiling through Trade, which WAS a nightmare, I got a paladin, who I very much respect and admire. For she was a beast. Alas! We decided that her self-heals would be fine enough for a lowbie raid, and we departed for Netherstorm.

We trundled into the raid, after porting people in and such. Took a few minutes at the loading screen, but when I phased in I turned sounds back on (Usually keep them off. The sounds of people blowing things up offends my ears) and we went on our way, killing our massive elven counterparts. As it turned out, this entire group was elves to begin with, save for one Trollish mage. Soon we arrived at the Void Reaver, after momentarily leaving Al'ar alone.

I put on a spellpower blade I keep with me, and some random dropped epic leather healer gloves. See, if I had walked in there and tried to do what I do - tanking - I would have gotten murdered, and hard. So I started healing the other paladin and the warlock, who was getting pummelled.

After this, I got a sweet ring. We killed a few more trash mobs, then it was on to Al'ar... except when we pulled the Phoenix God, everyone was not ready. Flame Buffet beat the hell out of us, and when Al'ar flies into the air, he's getting ready to blow everyone up, 85 or not. You have to jump down to the lower level, but we did not do that. Wipe-age ensued.

The second try went much better, we downed him, on we went. No loot from him, if I recall. Now, the mobs around the next boss, Solarian, Mind Control. Needless to say, we wiped by accident once and were forced to wipe another time before four people left the raid. I went back to town and found us another Paladin, another mage, a shaman, and a druid. I wasn't excited by the shaman coming, they share my gear. Anyway, we stomped Solarian, and then it was time for Kael'thas Sunstrider, Lord of the Blood Elves.

A wipe ensued. We had killed all four of his advisors, but when he brought them back, we seemed to have been woefully unprepared. A short run in later, we tried again. Again, we downed the advisors no problem. But then, when they were brought back, the tank died. And she was about to quit right there, leave group, F you guys, bye. The other paladin I had found when I went back to town managed to finish off all the advisors, with a couple mages and the druid still standing, and got Kael down to 50%. When this happens, Kael begins to warp gravity, and, to the average 85, not that much damage. So the druid battle-rezzed the paladin that had fallen, and with her back up, we finished off Kael.

This has been a long story, but I was so happy to have gotten this done. Thanks for listening!

-Rem

No comments:

Post a Comment